DATE: 31st October - Saturday
1-day tour to Hobbiton and Hamilton Gardens. Hobbiton is the world-famous movie set where Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit were filmed! Come to discover the famous and hidden places where Frodo and Bilbo’s adventures began! Hamilton Gardens is home of NZ first traditional Maori garden and a beautiful spot to enjoy the outdoors.
We depart from Albert Park on Wellesley St next to the Art Gallery in Auckland. Please be ready 15 minutes prior to your departure time.
The drive to Hobbiton will take two and a half hours. We’ll make a short stop along the way to stretch our legs. Upon arriving we have around 10 mins to use toilets or buy some food/snacks (optional extra costs).
The Hobbiton Tour will take us to the famous location that has been the home for the film crew of The Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit during the time of production. Enjoy!
After a long and informative tour, we’ll take our lunch around just outside the farm at the “Shire’s Rest” café. You have the option to bring your own food or buy from the café.
We then depart for Hamilton. One of Hamilton’s major attractions is the Hamilton Gardens, where we can spend some time enjoying the beautiful outdoors. Come for a walk, relax, or enjoy coffee and ice cream at the cafe by the lake. We will be back in Auckland at the end of the day, where you will be dropped off by Britomart.
- Entrance to Hobbiton
- Free Beer or Ginger Beer
- Hamilton Gardens visit
Under Age Policy:
Please note that if you are under age (under 18 years old), you need to send us an authorisation form to firstname.lastname@example.org signed by your parents/guardian.
To download the authorisation, click HERE.
Terms & Conditions
- Mana Tours NZ reserves the right to change this itinerary at any time including during the tour without notice according to safety and operational matters.
- Additional costs must be paid by the passenger for optional activities.
- Mana Tours are not liable for services and rates of third-party providers.
- By signing up for this tour you agree with our all Mana Tours Terms and Conditions.
- All tours will operate subject to attaining the specified minimum number of participants.
The full T&C can be found HERE.