DATE: 9th August - Sunday
1-day tour to Waitomo Caves and Kiwi House. Waitomo Caves is listed among the top attractions in NZ. Its unique glowworms make it a wonder of the world. From Maori origin "wai" (water) "tomo" (hole) is a must-see. Kiwi House is the place to see a true kiwi bird. A Native Bird Park, home of NZ’s largest private collection of native birds.
We depart from Albert Park on Wellesley St next to the Art Gallery in Auckland. Please be ready 15 minutes prior to your departure time.
Upon arrival in Waitomo Caves, we will proceed to the Glowworm Tour (entrance fee already included). Where you will be amazed by all the unique features of this place.
After the tour, we will visit the town of Otorohanga where you can find a restaurant for your lunch (extra costs applied).
We’ll visit the Otorohanga Kiwi House and Native Bird Park – New Zealand’s largest private collection of native birds and the best place to see a Kiwi! Enjoy close-up, guaranteed viewing of our national bird in specialised nocturnal enclosures. Walkthrough New Zealand’s largest dome aviary; meet the unique Tuatara reptile, which predates the dinosaurs. Learn about New Zealand’s many rare birds and enjoy this beautiful park filled with a huge range of New Zealand’s unique plants.
We will be back in Auckland around 7 pm, and you will be dropped off by Britomart.
- All Transport
- Entrance to Waitomo Caves and Kiwi House
Under Age Policy:
Please note that if you are under age (under 18 years old), you need to send us an authorisation form to email@example.com signed by your parents/guardian.
To download the authorisation, click HERE.
Terms & Conditions
- Mana Tours NZ reserves the right to change this itinerary at any time including during the tour without notice according to safety and operational matters.
- Additional costs must be paid by the passenger for optional activities.
- Mana Tours are not liable for services and rates of third-party providers.
- By signing up for this tour you agree with our all Mana Tours Terms and Conditions.
- All tours will operate subject to attaining the specified minimum number of participants.
The full T&C can be found HERE.